Paper Submissions & Instructions for Authors
Papers should be sent electronically to: Editors@ijkie.org. Books for review should be sent to the journal mailing address.
Instructions for Authors
All manuscripts will be submitted via email. Papers will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Preparation of the Paper: There is no particular standard pattern of presentation, but a research-
Peer Review Process: Articles will be acknowledged by the journal upon receipt. After an internal editorial review, articles will be forwarded anonymously to at least two external reviewers. The review process will take anywhere from 9 to 12 weeks. Once the paper has been reviewed, the author/s will be notified about the status of the paper. Submission of the revised paper following the reviewers’ feedback will not automatically result in publication. The revised paper will also undergo review. The review process will take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. Papers accepted for publication will be subject to copyediting.
- Preparation of Manuscript: A manuscript submitted to the IJKIE should be a Microsoft Word file. Manuscripts should be formatted into a 210 x 297mm (A4) document with one inch margins, should be Times New Roman 12 point typeface, and should not be more than 10,000 words (including references).
- Title/Abstract Page: The title page should contain the article name, authors’ names and the address for manuscript correspondence (including e-
mail address, telephone, and or fax numbers). This page should also contain a descriptive abstract of no more than 200 double- spaced words. Author’s name should appear only on the title page; any indication to the author’s identity in the text should be deleted.
References should be listed in alphabetical order of surnames at the end of an article and should generally accord with the Harvard styles. The form in which references are given should be:
- For articles: Craft, A. (1998) Educator Perspective On Creativity: An English Study,
- Journal of Creative Behaviour, 32, 4, pp. 244-
- For books: Ainley, P. and Bailey, B. (1997) The Business of Learning: Staff and Student Experiences of Further Education in the 1990s, London, Cassell.
- For chapters within books: McNay, I. (1995) ‘From the Collegial Academy to Corporate Enterprise: the Changing Cultures of Universities’ in T. Schuller (ed).
Tables/figures/illustrations/photographs: Tables should be typed out on separate sheets and not included in the actual text. One set of (finished) artwork for figures should be supplied in a form suitable for reproduction.
Authors are responsible for clearing copyrights issues of any materials used in the manuscript (e.g. figures, tables, illustrations, photographs, etc.)
Proofs will be sent to author/s if there is sufficient time to do so. They should be corrected and returned to the Editors within five working days. Major alterations to the text cannot be accepted.
Papers not adhering to these submission guidelines are subject to being rejected without Review.
The names and email addresses sent to this journal will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.